Thursday, September 20, 2012

sean savoy speaks out

Lyndon Evans speaks with Sean Savoy about the abrupt cancellation of his talk show on KKFT-FM, which has since found a new home on KJFK radio.

Listen to internet radio with Lyndon Evans on Blog Talk Radio



Was it a homophobic act or the right of a station owner to decide what programming is appropriate or not for his station, and thus the listeners?

For the record, I never of Sean Savoy or of his talk show until a blogger from GLAAD reported the incident and implied the former.  

If anyone, and I be one of them, was expressing skepticism, then blame GLAAD and their ongoing reputation to silence and or discredit, gay, and anti-gay, opposing voices and praising gay and transgender cyberbullies.

As for me, I've made the mistake of giving certain people the benefit of the doubt.  It's proved costly in some cases.  I try very hard not to make that mistake anymore; sometimes,  too hard.  If Sean believes there was some misunderstanding, then the burden of proof was on Sean, or Mr. Savoy.

Nonetheless,  I'm happy that Mr. Savoy was able to set the record straight, no pun, and that he's found a new home on  KJFK.